This 1942 - 1948 Oldsmobile Shop Manual licensed Detroit Iron reprint provides the most comprehensive repair information in paper format available on the market. This new licensed print manual is reproduced using the highest quality scanner and digital printer available - shrink wrapped and ready to be shipped to your location. This OEM repair / service manual reproduction provides detailed repair and service procedures for all 42 thru 49 Sixes and Eights subsystems.
The 1942-1948 Oldsmobile Shop Manual is a high quality reproduction of the exact manual originally published by the Auto manufacturer to be used by their dealer mechanics. Each manual contains detailed service / repair / rebuild procedures, specifications, diagrams, photos, charts, diagnostic and troubleshooting information for all major subsystem components such as:
- Bolt and Nut Tightening Specs.
- General Lubrication
- Front End Suspension (Front Shock Absorbers, Front End Alignment)
- Rear End Suspension (Rear Axle, Propeller Shaft, Rear Suspension, Rear Shock Absorber)
- Engine (Cooling, Carburetor, Fuel Pump)
- Syncro-Mesh Transmission
- Hydra-Matic Drive (1940, 1942, Individual Units)
- Fuel Tank and Exhaust System
- Steering (Horn Button, Steering Relay Rod, Tie Rods, Steering Idler Arm)
- Chassis-Sheet Metal
- Electrical System (Starting Motor, Solenoid, Generator, Regulator, Battery, Distributor, Horns, Headlights)
NOTE: Specifications at the end of each chapter/group.
OEM Part Number: 42OLSM
Binding: Paperback - 8.5 x 11 inches
Pages: 358 - with hundreds of photos and diagrams in black & white
Publisher: Oldsmobile Division / Reproduced Under License By Detroit Iron
Paper: 50# Paper Acid & Clorine Free, FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified, Rainforest Alliance Certified