WHAT'S ON THE CD?
Detroit Iron Factory Shop Manual CD Contents - What's On the CD?
Our CD's contain a full package of Factory Shop Manuals for your specific year, make and model for one low price. This is what separates us from our competitors. On most CDs, you will find the following:
- Service or Shop Manual(s)
- Shop Manual Supplements (if applicable)
- Body Service Manual
- Parts Book(s)
- Original Sales Literature - Brochures and Sales Data
- Nostalgia/Trivia for the year - Entertainment, News, and Sports
Service Data Section
The Detroit Iron Information Systems Factory Shop Manual CDs contain the original factory shop or service manual and any applicable supplements. The factory service manual is essential. It covers all mechanical and electrical systems for your car or truck. This is the same information that GM, Ford or Chrysler published for the mechanics working at the dealer shops. In the factory shop manual, you will find specifications, wiring diagrams, diagnostic procedures, troubleshooting information, and component installation and removal instructions for the following auto/truck subsystems:
- General Information (normally VIN plate encoding is provided in this section)
- Brakes - (Power and Standard systems)
- Steering - (Power and Standard systems)
- Front and Rear Suspension
- Wheels and Tires
- Axles and Drivelines
- Electrical Systems - (battery, starter, generator, alternator, wiring, ignition)
- Engine Mechanical
- Engine Fuel - (carburetors, pumps, lines, etc.)
- Transmissions - (standard and automatic)
- Accessories - (Power and Standard systems)
- Air Conditioning and Heating
- Cooling System
- Instruments and Guages
- Lighting System
- Fuel Tank and Exhaust Systems
All of our CD's contain body information as well, either in the service manual or as a separate manual/book. Parts books are included on most CDs and we offer a nice selection of parts books only CD's.
Nostalgia / Trivia Sections
This is a fun section that provides cool nostalgic trivia from the year associated with the CD. The trivia topics include News, Entertainment and Sports.
Below: Detroit Iron Digital Product Feature Overview Graphic